So what are we to do? The enemy we face is a shadow. They are essentially guerrillas, materializing when and where they choose to cause the most havoc and inflict the most damage.
Sometimes it's airplanes they use, sometimes suicide bombers, and now we are seeing coordinated sociopathic-suicide killing sprees like the ones in recent days in Mumbai.
Our strategy to exterminate terrorist breeding grounds abroad is not a poor one, but let's face it, we can't kill them all. We can kick ass militarily, but we do not have the resources to wipe out radical Islam short of a nuclear holocaust, and even then there's no guarrantee. There will always be a terrorist camp and breeding ground somewhere. There will always be another Jihadist, if history is any indicator.
And now we are hearing reports of a "likely" bio attack on US soil in the next five years and Iran with nukes during Obama's first year in office. China and Russia support Iran both tacitly and directly, not to mention other socialist enterprises. Our enemies are chomping at the bit to destroy us and our newly elected leader wants to decrease our military and increase the Peace Corps.
In a word, our Commander-in-Chief is not only asleep at the wheel, he is also blind to the threats against America.
But even if he weren't, the terrorists and their affiliates would still be hell-bent on destroying our nation, our culture and way of life. And that's what they intend to do. No government program can stop this, only determined individuals, with actions and prayers to God, honestly, have the capacity to maintain our way of life.
A terrorist can strike at any time, any where--I am surprised they haven't already.
So here are some things to remember in considering the enemy, and a likely, newly-formed attack:
- Remember that ultimately we can only stop what we can stop. If a massive bomb goes off in our cities or elsewhere, it's aim is not just to destroy as many people as possible, but our way of life too.
- In Mumbai, like elsewhere, the gunmen attacked where they thought the people would be sitting ducks. Even where there were armed guards, the guards were so scared they did nothing to fight back and stop the bloodletting.
- The terrorists are sociopaths, and will only stop when they are dead.
So essentially what I am saying is that you and I need to prepare ourselves against not only an attack against our person, but one against our way of life.Some action items to seriously consider to take steps to protect yourself and be less of a victim:
- Own and carry a firearm. You and you alone are responsible for your persnonal protection and that of your family.
- Put together a bug-out bag for your car and other excursions.
- Take it from someone who knows, consider a bug-out location and create and stick to a plan of action in the event of a natural or man-made disaster. You don't want to end up living in a FEMA trailer, do you, or end at a Superdome?
- Go to confession.
If the fabric of our life begins to unravel, consider what you will do and where you and your family will go and how you would survive long-term. Most generations have not had it as good as ours in the US of A, but we are in danger of squandering it and losing it.
I don't want to be doom and gloom. But just because this post may seem paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people who are out to get you. It's better to be prepared and never need it, than to know better and be found wanting in the hour of need.
Over and Out,