Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Quick Word..Closing Day

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates in recent days. Clare and I have been preparing, albeit at what sometimes seemed a glacial pace, for closing on our house, moving in, and renovating it, all at the same time.

So even though this day often felt like it would never come, when it finally did come, it went as fast and smooth as could be asked for, thanks be to God.

So, yes, we're homeowners now. Big Dogs. Now we have just have to open up a bottle of Wild Turkey, walk around with a couple of shot glasses in our hand and introduce ourselves to the rest of the neighborhood.

Some other good news is that everything in the house works more or less. The bad news is that the floors need some love and attention, which is hard to give when you are being distracted by 5 other things that also need your love and attenion..

We're just happy to have a place of our own, finally. Hope all is well with you. More later.

Peace.

--Nick-Dog

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new home! Mind if I drop by next time I am in the area? ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Nick! Congratulations! I'm so jazzed for you guys!

Nick-dog said...

Thanks everyone.

Scientist, you can drop by any time, provided you reveal to me the secret of the sacred brew.

Thanks Bridge!

Now, about that plumbing...

--Nick

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I am afraid I do not know the secret of the sacred brew. However, I can bring a copy of The Man With The Golden Gun. ;)

Nick-dog said...

Guns are cool, especially gold ones. :)

--Nick-Dog

Ben Hatke said...

Hooray for you my friend.

Nick-dog said...

Thanks Ben-Dog.

--Nick-Dog