Monday, July 11, 2011

Where We Are

As I write, I have just finished reading an article on how the major dollar store chains failed to meet their quarterly objectives, because the people who typically shop at those stores, are making less money (and so therefore have less to spend).

Have you noticed how more and more news articles and shows are using the words "depression" and "collapse" in their regular dialogue? Few people actually know what the hell is going on, but suffice to say we are in a new spiral of decline.

Perhaps Jim Rawles of Survivalblog.com says it best: we are in a new era of spikes, which will ultimately culminate in a economic derivatives collapse like we have never seen, taking the whole world's economy with it.

Not to be all doom and gloom, but I am in agreement with him when he says now is the time to take your money out of the market and place it into "tangibles," things that have value in the here and now to house, feed, or protect you and yours. Versuses, you know, say keeping your money in a nameless stock.

As I've said before, I am no economist. I am, however, pretty damn good at seeing "what is," and "what is" is a freight train heading in our direction that has the words "We're Screwed" written on the front of it in neon yellow.

But before it hits and skids off the tracks, I will join my fellow sheep and pretend that this was all so very unexpected and unfortunate, and build another AR when no one's looking.

Best to you all.

--Nick-Dog

No comments: