Monday, November 05, 2007

Glock Talk



Nice, eh?

Well, you wouldn't believe it, but there is actually a website called glocktalk.com. To the left is a beautiful picture of a most righteous Glock 21, .45 caliber, in action. I spent some time this weekend researching this and other pistols, so I have been inspired to post and talk a bit about guns.

When I was kid, about the age of 7 or 8, though, my dad did his best to discourage all my talk about guns. I used to go on and on ad nauseum, the way kids do sometimes, about how much I liked and wanted an arsenal of firearms. Finally, one day my dad asked me why I liked guns so much. My answer, well, they kill people.

That wasn't exactly a good response, especially for my dad. The last thing he wanted was for his son to brandish play guns, dreaming of blowing things up, which, of course, is what I did. I used to carry play guns in the car and shoot at make-believe targets as we drove by. I guess I was practicing for my daily commute along I-95.

But eventually I gave up my love of guns (temporarily) because of my father's opposition to them. But he wasn't really opposed, the way anti-gunners are, he just didn't want his son turning to the dark side.

I suppose, though, it doesn't get any darker than Glock.

Many have argued that guns take lives and that the only people who really need them are the police. That is a nice thought, but it is suitable only for Utopias and authoritarian regines. Human nature is wounded, and so people do bad things. It is sure a blessing that many of us, hopefully, have not experienced first-hand an extremely violent crime, but it does not mean those things do not happen.

Ultimately, I believe law-abiding citizens should be allowed to own and carry a firearm for their and others protection. However, it is surely the decision of each individual whether they choose to excercise that freedom.

As for me, I already own a shotgun, which was, as funny as it sounds, an awesome-awesome wedding gift. Now it's time to pump up the action, if you know what I mean.

Over and out.

--Nick-Dog

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would definately pump up the action if you took the time to learn how to shoot the gun you already have before buying another one. ;)

-Your Darling Wifey

Anonymous said...

Guns are funs!

Seriously though, you should try some shooting at a shooting range with a variety of guns from shotguns to pistols. I think it's REALLY important to know how to use various types of weaponry if you are in the market to purchase some cool shit!

Nick-dog said...

Sounds like a good idea, Bridge.

--Nick

Anonymous said...

Entertech squirt guns were awesome.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.