Monday, August 20, 2007

Out of Azkaban

I am not feeling particularly verbose. I am more in a "Hey man, let's chill" mood at the moment.

My diligence in reading Harry Potter has by far outstripped my discipline of waking up at 6:30 in the morning to study Latin and pursue the intellectual virtues. Over the past 7 days, I have pounded down Books Two and Three with abandon and have ventured into Book Four.

Pictured above, by the way, is Azkaban. If you don't know what lies within, you're one of the lucky ones.

I am certainly happy to be reading so much. My wife is reading too. Sometimes reading just Potter feels like literary hedonism, but it's still great, especially on a night like tonight, here in the upper room, listening to the thunder and rain and seeing the occasional flash of lighting.

It's just bloody fantastic.

Anyway, nothing profound has percolated within lately, so I am going to keep this one short and sweet. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening, whichever it may be, and see you next time.

--Nick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the HP-train, nick!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anna. This thing is full steam ahead!

--Nick-Dog