Saturday, January 11, 2014

10 Random Thoughts

1.) I've gone back to drinking tea (instead of coffee), almost entirely. Mostly green. I can't believe how mellow and good this makes me feel. My wife was shocked with my mellowness the first day. I didn't notice until she did. t's pretty awesome. I still like coffee but not how it makes me feel.

2.) Found out I am pretty much type-ii diabetic over the holiday. Lots of new lifestyle choices ahead. Beating this naturally is my goal. I think I can do it if I stay the course.

3.)  Looking to build some new outdoor infrastructure over the year, specifically a cover for all my firewood. I think I will pay to have a fence built along our road frontage.

4.) I love my new job. It's pretty much the complete jam. If it continues like this, I don't think I will ever leave.

5.) The pipes froze in our house for the first time since we've lived here. Even though it was during the recent extreme cold snap, I was still surprised.

6.) Very impressed with my shit-box little Toyota. It's zippy and gets crazy MPG. It costs me like 20 bucks to use it to commute for 2 weeks. Thanks FIL!

7.) I fear gardening. The level of commitment and the still the possibility of failure.

8.) This year I am making it a point to connect more often with several of the locals who share some of the same ideas I do. I've been an island for too long. I hope to have the wherewithal to do that freely.

9.) I am looking to plan my main adventures for the year by the end of February, noting things I'd like to accomplish.

10.) I can watch the Hawks now on the NHL channel on our new ROKU. It's totally sweet!

Over & Out,

--Nick-Dog

No comments: