Thursday, November 18, 2010

Words from the Past

First, and most importantly, a brief announcement: Kieran Nicholas Marmalejo was born on November 14, at 6:09am, weighing in at a healthy 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 and 1/4 inches long. We are glad to have him and I am very proud.

He's a few days old now, and I am up while everyone else is asleep. This week has been wonderful, but it has been an adjustment too. It's 3 on 2, or, if you prefer, a 3 and 2 year-old verse the home team, or something like that, with a baby brother in reserve. The one thing that has been becoming increasingly and now crystal clear over the past several months is that time is at a premium.

While reflecting on this, and on my many projects, interests and hobbies, I recalled a post I wrote sometime ago on renovating the bathroom, a process which is finally reaching it's conclusion.

The one thing I want to highlight is that as things become more complete, life becomes more sane. Our exterior life is often an accurate reflection of our interior dispositions. Even though things are often crazy around here, when I see things getting organized and getting done, I breathe easier. I see the "tranquility of order" and long for some of that myself.

I just wish it would stay a little longer when it does arrive.

Over and Out,

--Nick-Dog

No comments: